|Buy It Direct from the developer. Other calculators available!
RootM is an advanced scientific calculator that works
directly with complex (imaginary) numbers. Sqrt(-1) or
asin(2) are valid computations, producing complex results.
Complex numbers can be entered in real/imag format or
mag/phase format in a straightforward way. Quickly switch
between real/imag and phasor (mag/phase) displays.
RootM is a financial calculator too. RootM has functions
to compute loan and mortgage terms and well as simple
statistics. The keyboard is packed with functions and more
are available via the pop-up menu. In total, RootM has 85
scientific, financial, statistical, and number base
RootM uses the RPN (Reverse Polish Notation) entry system
popularized by Hewlett-Packard calculators. The RPN entry
system is very powerful and helps you perform lengthy
computations with confidence. RootM is a
powerful and economically priced alternative to stand
alone calculators such as HP-42 and HP-28 (no graphics). With RootM on your Palm OS device,
you will always have your calculator with you.
RootM is an excellent solution for students and
professionals in electrical engineering and physics.
Try it Risk-Free thanks to our 30-day money back guarantee!
Important Ordering Instructions: In order for us to generate your registration code you must provide your HotSync Username in the User field above the 'Add to Cart' button. You can find this information in the HotSync application on your PalmOS device.
- Natural calculator interface
- Easy complex number input via +i and /_ (angle) separators
- Personalizable color keyboard (6 color choices, 6 on a grayscale device, 2 on a B&W device)
- IEEE Double precision accuracy (about 16 digits and full IEEE range 2.2e-308 to 1.7e+308)
- 16 element stack
- 30 key keyboard (3 functions per key)
- Function pop-up on main screen provides access to all built-in functions
- Graffiti input, copy and paste
- 20 digit display with SCI, FIX, and ENG formats. Exponents from -308 to 308.
- Status indicators for shift state, angle mode, and financial annuity mode.
- Degrees, radians, and grads angle modes
- Preferences to set the number of digits, angle mode, display format, wordsize
- Real/Imag or Magnitude/Phase complex display format
- Built-in quick reference
- Extensive documentation
- Supports all Palm OS devices including Visor, CLIE, HandEra, and Tungsten/T. Takes advantage of high resolution displays when available.
Complex-valued Scientific Functions:
- 16 element stack (capable of storing complex numbers)
- 20 global registers (10 are directly accessible via the keyboard)
- Ability to swap primary and secondary registers.
- Stack and register functions: clstk, clreg, clx, p<>s, x<>y
- Stack roll up and roll down via hardware scroll buttons.
- View registers and stack
- Quick stack pop-up and selection (tap display)
Real-valued Scientific Functions:
- sin, cos, tan, sin-1, cos-1, tan-1, atan2
- sinh, cosh, tanh, asinh, acosh, atanh
- ln, lnp1, log, ex, expm1, 10x, yx, x2, sqrt, 1/x
- conj, abs, arg, R->C, C->R, R->P, P->R
- int, frac, floor, ceil, abs, mod, chop, pi
- deg, rad, hours, H.MS, seconds
- N (number of periods)
- i (percent interest per period)
- PMT (payment per period)
- PV (present value)
- FV (future value)
- CLFIN (clear financial registers)
- Annuity preference (toggle between payments due at the beginning of the period and payments due at the end of the period)
- View financial registers
Number Base Functions:
- S+ (accumulate statistics)
- S- (remove data from statistics)
- mean, std, rand
- %, % change, N! (factorial)
- clrstats (clear statistics registers)
- View statistics registers
- Hex, dec, oct, bin
- Modular addition, modular subtraction, modular division, modular multiplication
- Two's complement
- And, or
- Wordsize preference (up to 48 bits)
MathU Pro - Advanced Scientific and Financial Programmable RPN Calculator for Palm Pilot