The DM42, one of our flagship line-up of RPN calculators, is a true homage to the legendary HP-42S, widely regarded as one of the most desired calculators ever made. The DM42 is the most precise calculator on the worldwide market - second to none - and uses the powerful and proven RPN logic. The DM42 runs Free42, based on a decimal floating-point maths library and IEEE 754-2008 quadruple precision decimal floating-point, encoding numbers in 16 bytes and giving 34 decimal places of precision with exponents ranging from -6143 to +6144.
We have a few customer returns of new units available in the conditions listed below. All include case and battery and are in excellent condition aside from the defects listed. Acceptable unit has a bit of dust under the screen. The back of the metal case has smudges and small scratches. The leather case shows wear. Good unit has a few small imperfections on the display outside of the visible area. Very Good unit may show very light signs of use. Like New unit includes all packaging and accessories and may show very light signs of use.
- Construction: Case made from stainless steel, matte black Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD) coated and laser engraved
- Software: Open Source Free42 running on SwissMicros Operating System (DMCP)
- Processor: Ultra low power ARM Cortex-M4F 80 MHz
- Flash Memory: 32 MBit external flash
- Floating Point Standard: IEEE 754-2008, 128-bit floating point precision implementation with 128-bit transcendental function support
- ISO conformity: ISO/IEC TR 24732
- Display Type: Monochromatic ultra high contrast (14:1) transflective memory LCD display
- Display Resolution: 400 × 240 pixels
- Display Active Area: 58.8 mm × 35.28 mm / 2.31" x 1.39"
- Display Dot Pitch: 147 µm × 147 µm
- Connectivity (PC): USB-Micro-B port, connects as USB mass storage device
- Connectivity (IR): IR Transmitter compatible with the original HP-82240A/B printer
- Battery Type: 1 × CR2032 lithium coin cell, 3.0 volts
- Battery Life: Up to 3 years
- Sound: 4 kHz resonance frequency Piezo-electric buzzer
- Size: 77 mm × 144 mm × 12 mm / 3.03" x 5.66" x 0.47"
- Weight: 180 g / 6.35 oz
- Warranty: 5 years